What to expect while planning your Kindness Day:
- A TKC Contact will be in touch to help your school with every detail of your Kindness Day. We will work with your school to determine the best projects/charities for your students to complete.
- The school will receive a contract for the event date/projects chosen that includes a required 20% deposit.
- The school contact will receive a discussion guide/curriculum to share with teachers prior to the event.
- Your TKC contact will discuss number of sessions, students per session, room accommodations and other event day logistics with the school contact.
What to expect on your Kindness Day:
- TKC Staff will arrive 60 min before the event start to complete set-up. Depending on group size there could be either one single session or several different sessions.
- Groups will gather in one large group for a 10-15 minute TKC led discussion on volunteering, service, community and project instructions.
- Students will spend 30-40 minutes completing the gifts for recipients (could be between 2-3 different projects packaged as a single gift).
- TKC Staff will pack up all remaining materials and completed projects to be delivered.
What to expect after your Kindness Day Event:
- TKC staff will deliver your projects to the recipient charity.
- Teachers can complete the reflection activities included in the discussion guide with students.
- TKC will send a recap of the Kindness Day event including photos and quotes from recipient organizations within 2-3 months of the event.
- TKC will be in touch to discuss next year’s event!